Yo we need a better way to pose armor stands

adscomics

Miner
Dec 13, 2012
So I've messed with the armor stand plugin on the server, and it's like.....okay I guess, but it's pretty annoying to work with. Posing is kind of a nightmare and for some dumb ass reason you can't move the right hand????? I just don't think it's a very good plugin. What I think we should do is replace it with a datapack. I used to run a small Minecraft server last year and I used a lot of data packs in it. One of them was an armor stand posing one. Not only could you move the individual limbs and change properties like if it's big or small or if it has a plate under it, but you could also use preset poses. Instead of painstakingly modifying the angles of each limb, you just press a button using a book as the UI, and bam, you have an armor stand doing a specific pose.

Take a look at those links. I highly recommend that you all at least consider this. A lot of people may not use the armor stand plugin, but that's arguably because it's not a very good plugin and I think using this data pack could lead to some fun results. Below are some screenshots of some of the stuff you can do using it.

Attachments

fffizzz

Administrator
Adman
Dec 10, 2012
Brodio has been asking about this for a while I'll add it for tonights restart. Now help get more people in game. :D

fffizzz

Administrator
Adman
Dec 10, 2012

outside of spawn to the left. I'll build a shrine around it later.