What can we do to make things better?

Mikemer456

Builder
Dec 10, 2012
Also @fffizzz , I don't think players that have been added onto the field should be allowed to add other players. This would mainly apply to grief reverts and town protection blocks. Kinda annoying that not just the owner can add people..

Osric_Orcblood

Templar
Dec 10, 2012
Spotsylvania, VA
Guess you all forgot about how you had to learn towny. This is easier, less commands, but.. whatever.. stubborn people. :)
THE DISRESPECT SIR, IT HURTS.

Actually Tercept and I both learned towny by playing around with it, not having to spend extra dedicated time into learning it outside of playing.

Swiftflight

Just a Mod
Blue Mod
Donor Level 2
Aug 8, 2013
Kalopsia
I miss Towny for one reason and that is that it went more in depth with towns than PS. You had to join the town first to buy a plot. There were actual towns lol, you didn't have to put a warp down. Town bank for town assistants and for when a member buys a plot and the money would go to the town bank rather than town assistant who placed plot as does in PS (I hate not having town banks).
This is why I would ride my lion into battle with this man...

Swiftflight

Just a Mod
Blue Mod
Donor Level 2
Aug 8, 2013
Kalopsia
Precious stones towns... are like the first 4 years of the apocalypse... still chaotic and unorganized.

TheWolfsHeart

Server Psychopath
Vet Mod
Donor Level 3
Dec 10, 2012
Precious stones towns... are like the first 4 years of the apocalypse... still chaotic and unorganized.
Given time, like the years after the first, it will become a very unified platform that hopefully will work in our favor.

fffizzz

Administrator
Adman
Dec 10, 2012
Guess I'm the only one who thinks squatting to place a block and marking two corners is difficult. Perhaps they should just bring blocks back to play with (physical blocks like she you were two).

Rio_fickle

Sexy Vet Mod
Donor Level 5
Dec 10, 2012
This.. this right there. So beautifully stated.
The fact you are lazy? :p
that one video may simply tell you how to protect yourself and many others yet you're too lazy to watch it because you "already know how to use towny" Don't be a scrub ozzy <3

Rio_fickle

Sexy Vet Mod
Donor Level 5
Dec 10, 2012
There's nothing I love more than being restricted to 16x16 plots, #sarcasm.
There's also nothing I love more than having to spend billions of dollars to protect merely one home (as i've done in the past)

Minus the town bank thing, which i agree with mike on. I like ps a hundred times better.

kobra671

PickleMan
Donor Level 4
May 26, 2013
If not make towny, maybewe can make more towns. When new players join, usually they would say can i join a town or where can i live.

TheWolfsHeart

Server Psychopath
Vet Mod
Donor Level 3
Dec 10, 2012
If not make towny, maybewe can make more towns. When new players join, usually they would say can i join a town or where can i live.
You'd still need someone to be in that town or have access to the town to allow them there. Most people whom have towns, generally are at said town in one form or another. Managing multiple towns is difficult. VERY difficult. Whether it be Towny, or PS. Unless PS adds a form of admin town where anyone can join after entering the area and being greeted with a form of message, it's not very practical.

Even the idea I just stated, unless done properly, is again, impractical.

Rio_fickle

Sexy Vet Mod
Donor Level 5
Dec 10, 2012
My Dad always taught me to live by the Navy saying "If it's not broken don't fix it."

Towny wasn't broken, and didn't need fixing.
Towny isn't broken, the amount of members joining and leaving is what is broken, and unfortunately, a bit of uniqueness provided confuses people. as simple as it is

fffizzz

Administrator
Adman
Dec 10, 2012
Hey anyone remember this when new members joined?

-New user joins.
NewUser: Hey can I join someones town?
NewUser: Please i want to join a town?
NewUser: Hey can I join your town?
RandomPlayer: No sorry (that's in the rare event anyone actually replied)
-New User disconnects.

This is why we had no users and no longer use towny. However, its evident that we have no users anyway, so we're back to square one, except that new users arnt screwed over like they were before.

Reactions: bingbong2715

Swiftflight

Just a Mod
Blue Mod
Donor Level 2
Aug 8, 2013
Kalopsia
Hey anyone remember this when new members joined?

-New user joins.
NewUser: Hey can I join someones town?
NewUser: Please i want to join a town?
NewUser: Hey can I join your town?
RandomPlayer: No sorry (that's in the rare event anyone actually replied)
-New User disconnects.

This is why we had no users and no longer use towny. However, its evident that we have no users anyway, so we're back to square one, except that new users arnt screwed over like they were before.
But now it is:
NewUser: Is this a towny server?
NewUser: Is this a towny serber?
RandomPlayer: No, this is Precious Stones
NewUser: Oh
(Two Ways)
A:
NewUser: #&%$ This Server than.
NewUser Disconnected from MMC!

B:
NewUser: This isn't for me...
NewUser Disconnected from MMC!

fffizzz

Administrator
Adman
Dec 10, 2012
Swift, starting to get irritated that you're constantly negative towards our decisions in a public manor. If you don't agree with what we have done, perhaps we should reevaluate things. Not trying to sound like a dick, but this is supposed to be positive and you are a staff member. If you have concerns, we talk about them and not by arguing in the announcements forum.

Osric_Orcblood

Templar
Dec 10, 2012
Spotsylvania, VA
Swift, starting to get irritated that you're constantly negative towards our decisions in a public manor. If you don't agree with what we have done, perhaps we should reevaluate things. Not trying to sound like a dick, but this is supposed to be positive and you are a staff member. If you have concerns, we talk about them and not by arguing in the announcements forum.
I feel like I just got dicksmacked and that wasn't even targeted at me.. I'm so sorry Swift, though Fizz has a point.

All in all - yes PreciousStones in 100x better than towny, is it more popular? No, is it easier? No. (Opinion) Is it for those that actually want a customizable town? Yes. Does it have more possibilities and functions? Yes.

There's too many pros and cons to even label, though now I think back, when we had towny we always had 3 members on, ALL THE TIME. I'd rather it be sporadic like it has been and have 10+ or 20+ as I've seen in the past few days. Do I prefer PS, no. Do I care that much to where I'd quit? Nah, love Fizz and this communism too much.

TL;DR PreciousStones is ok, I guess.