Unpopular opinion thread

NikostratosX

The Ghost Architect
Jan 1, 2014
Tl;dr There is a lot of stupid concentrated in this thread o.o not sure if trolling. Just gonna close chrome and snipe people in PS2

diediedie765

FTB Janitor
Donor Level 2
Dec 13, 2012
Uranus
I think we should nuke Japan a third and fourth time. It is literally my only deeply held prejudice. I know it's a prejudice and based largely on nothing, but god damn do I hate me some Japan.

TheWolfsHeart

Server Psychopath
Vet Mod
Donor Level 3
Dec 10, 2012
We will also be nuking any place that contains content that is explicitly Japanese in nature.
Technically...Anime = Animated video. Or animated work. To us, it's a style of animated work with specific looks, etc. To them, it's all cartoons, animations in general. Nuking 'Anime' by the true meaning, which originated in japan, would be to nuke everything cartoon-like that's a moving picture.

This has been your facts of the day with TheWolfsHeart. Please tune in next time where I eat a baby.

Swiftflight

Just a Mod
Blue Mod
Donor Level 2
Aug 8, 2013
Kalopsia
Technically...Anime = Animated video. Or animated work. To us, it's a style of animated work with specific looks, etc. To them, it's all cartoons, animations in general. Nuking 'Anime' by the true meaning, which originated in japan, would be to nuke everything cartoon-like that's a moving picture.

This has been your facts of the day with TheWolfsHeart. Please tune in next time where I eat a baby.
Oooo can you read the color purple to us and make us watch the movie? Than at the end gave a quiz?

diediedie765

FTB Janitor
Donor Level 2
Dec 13, 2012
Uranus

That's it, you're on the nuke list.
You're all on the nuke list.
Err'body gettin' nuked.

diediedie765

FTB Janitor
Donor Level 2
Dec 13, 2012
Uranus
Why? Giving people boners is a noble pursuit, and the lack of seriousness in this concept gives anyone entering anything into that arena a coupon for a free fallout shelter. Hentai is acceptable. But actual attempts at storytelling through the medium of animation coming out of Japan fills me with a disgust that knows no bounds. I've seen enough to know it's horrible. The only stuff that's fine is the stuff that makes fun of everything else native to anime, so basically Studio GAINAX action/comedies and little else.

Like this show:

Fuck this show. It's horrible and anyone who says otherwise is wrong about everything they've every said.

TheWolfsHeart

Server Psychopath
Vet Mod
Donor Level 3
Dec 10, 2012
Why? Giving people boners is a noble pursuit, and the lack of seriousness in this concept gives anyone entering anything into that arena a coupon for a free fallout shelter. Hentai is acceptable. But actual attempts at storytelling through the medium of animation coming out of Japan fills me with a disgust that knows no bounds. I've seen enough to know it's horrible. The only stuff that's fine is the stuff that makes fun of everything else native to anime, so basically Studio GAINAX action/comedies and little else.

Like this show:

Fuck this show. It's horrible and anyone who says otherwise is wrong about everything they've every said.
Wouldn't know the show, so I shall not say jack other than it does look strange...Except for the bear. He can stay.