Suggestions on Build Contest and anything else you guys wanna see changed/added/removed?!

fffizzz

Administrator
Adman
Dec 10, 2012
Hey guys, looking to start another build challenge. I'd like to do them more frequently. Unfortunately, I didn't see the success of Island Cabin with the Medieval challenge recently. I had a couple ideas, but this time I'm lookin to you all to help sway the decision more. What would you want to participate in? What would you like to see prize-wise?

With that out of the way, I am also interested in what's got your attention on the server, what's boring to you, what you'd change if you could, etc?! Don't be shy, I'm trying to make the best well-rounded server I can for everyone to enjoy.

adscomics

Miner
Dec 13, 2012
So, while this doesn't pertain to a build contest, I used to have an event on It's Simply Survival and DWAGaming called The Gauntlet that we could incorporate into the server. Vase and Brody (along with Searavin and Iceravin) are pretty familiar with it. It's a contest I started where people race to a dungeon I build which contains a ton of treasure at the end. I normally give a rough location of said dungeon and will help different players who are lagging behind. I'd be happy to make a new one for the server. I got a decent amount of people to participate the first time but It'd require me to be in creative to do certain things, so that's really up to you.

Brodio

New Miner
Mar 17, 2019
I love building competitions, so I always love to participate in them. I would always love to see them done more. Possibly more people would want to participate if it took place in creative maybe, but that’s not necessarily the case. I also think the prices could be better or even a participation prize. 10,000 really isn’t that much money. That’s like 15 minutes hunting mobs in the nether.

Other additions I’m not quite sure. I love the addition of the armor stand data pack. Vase and I were considering making a little tutorial video for people. I love the idea of big events like the Gauntlet or other things of that nature to bring everyone together. The Gauntlet could be extra fun with custom mobs in the mix. Maybe events like getting together to try to fight one of those custom boss mobs. I know lots of people want MCMMO but I don’t really care either way. Overall, I’ve been having lots of fun on the server and I think community events could be a ton of fun.

fffizzz

Administrator
Adman
Dec 10, 2012
mcMMO is undergoing a major overhaul and I'm watching its progress. I already bought it so I'm definitely for adding it to the server.

Vasegaard

Trial Mod
Trial Mod
Apr 1, 2019
Denmark
I'd enjoy the build compatitions alot more if it was in creative for sure, it just makes alot of stuff much easier