Small Server Ideas

fffizzz

Administrator
Adman
I certainly have no ability to maintain a big server like we had before. I just don't have the time for that, but I think a smallish ~20-25 people could be fun. I'm not going to do any hardware until I know things would work out and will keep it on my VPS for now.

I'd like to gather a list of things you'd personally like or enjoy for a little server. This can include game mode, mods/plugins, etc.

Once we have a decent list, I'll post a poll to vote on.

I have always been a big fan of towny, so it's a plugin I would like to see on the server. Besides that I am just ready to chill and talk to a lot of people, which I haven't heard from in a long time :D

Swiftflight

The Prince Mod
Donor Level 2
I understand the Towny point. It is true that we wouldn't be griefing the crap out of anything, and if something does happen it can of course be rolled back. I was approaching it from I suppose a fun standpoint I suppose? Creating towns, but then thinking more, it is true that with such a small population these towns would be desolate. Perhaps in the future if we eventually feel like expanding we could discuss it again if it is not adopted as of now.

With regards to Citizens I feel like it would fall into the same line as Towny with population serving as a reason to have it.

Tree Assist oh yes.

Do we feel like at some point we may want to grow the server? I know that it is often an instinctual and evolutionary occurrence, but just wondering what people are feeling. Is there a desire to make this long term?

TheWolfsHeart

Server Psychopath
Donor Level 3
I'd say my desire is to reconnect with the lovely people that I once knew. Whether this is through a server that grows in popularity or just remains something small for all of us to use, does not matter to me.

On the note of the plugins: I'll totally agree with Tree Assist, and agree that if Towny were to be added, it should be if we plan to expand the server and attempt to gather new players once again.

Side note: I've joined the current world. Let's friggin rock!

fffizzz

Administrator
Adman
If we're to be a social community, this helps to have people work together rather than running for 4 hours to find your friend. :")

Perhaps we could add a few special warps at a later time for events or special places.

Tercept

Administrator
Adman
Donor Level 5
If we're to be a social community, this helps to have people work together rather than running for 4 hours to find your friend. :")

Perhaps we could add a few special warps at a later time for events or special places.
Could have players just create warps of their own as well. Then players can teleport to other peoples homes whenever

Do we go by the old rules or do we pick some new ones? btw. do we wanna have a small economy up ? for trading and such or do we go old fashion with items for items? :)