Scottish Referendum

Legoguy

Miner
Jul 7, 2013
I think its cool to have Scotland become its own country. Just more stff for kids to learn in the next 25-50 years >:D :p

sush1jed1

Culinarian Pyro
Dec 10, 2012
Oregon
Yus, doo eet.

Highlander in blood, I fully support this.

#suckitbrits
#nohomo
#imnotracistbutt
#yolt
#therecanonlybeone

Just kidding, I have no quarrel with Brit-folk. Other than some historical reasons.

TheWolfsHeart

Server Psychopath
Vet Mod
Donor Level 3
Dec 10, 2012
Just a topic... Jeez... all you American's goin' I dun care...
...Says...The...AMERICAN!

Anyways, I really don't care.. It's up to their citizens. We may be the 'strongest' country, but we don't dictate that shit meng

Swiftflight

Just a Mod
Blue Mod
Donor Level 2
Aug 8, 2013
Kalopsia
Topic of discussion... why can't we talk about stuff... I never said "Lets have a poll to stop the referendum and hand out eagle action figures."

Tercept

Administrator
Adman
Donor Level 5
Dec 10, 2012
Topic of discussion... why can't we talk about stuff... I never said "Lets have a poll to stop the referendum and hand out eagle action figures."
Because the way you made the post made it seem like the referendum was a joke to you. You even posted silly pictures.

You should have left out the poll and then just made a serious discussion thread on what effects the outcome could have.

Shane

He's the Shane, man.
Dec 16, 2012
Upstate New York, United States
Anyway, it's not the fact that I don't care that I offered the alternate poll options, it's the fact that it shouldn't be up to anyone else but the party involved for anything concerning the governing of the people. To expect us, complete foreigners, to offer a simple "yes" or "no" trivializes the issue. The vote is for the Scottish to decide what's best for Scotland, not for anyone else to try to force anything upon them.

Tercept

Administrator
Adman
Donor Level 5
Dec 10, 2012
Anyway, it's not the fact that I don't care that I offered the alternate poll options, it's the fact that it shouldn't be up to anyone else but the party involved for anything concerning the governing of the people. To expect us, complete foreigners, to offer a simple "yes" or "no" trivializes the issue. The vote is for the Scottish to decide what's best for Scotland, not for anyone else to try to force anything upon them.
Completely agree with you but their decision (if it was a yes) would have had a big impact on other countries. They would lose NATO membership until, UN membership, and any treaties shared with England/Britain. They would have to rejoin everything as their own country if they even wished that.

You have to think about the military assets over seas, the embassy(s), trade, and other cooperative efforts.

While I doubt we would have had any hard time from the Scots the world can be unpredictable.

bluechops

British Vet Mod
Donor Level 5
Jan 21, 2013
England
steamcommunity.com
Once I heard David Cameron's speech basically saying " you know that thing you use, our currency the pound, well I hate to say this but if your not with us we'll be taking that back". I knew they would vote to stay, and hey they did!

Reactions: Swiftflight