Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Not be added back

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ynefpavlov

Town Designer
Dec 12, 2012
I thought a poll might clear up what everyone thinks of the Brewery plugin and if it should be added back in.
There is 2 options with some arguments. Please leave a comment with what argument you based your decision on.

These are some arguments I could think of. There for sure are more I guess.

Should be added back in because:
- It offers a new experience and gives players something to experiment with
- It adds use to Cauldrons
- It adds a realistic skill to the game that fits into the minecraft world (there is food, but no drinks except water/milk/potions)
- It ditsinguishes the server from many others out there

Should not be added back in again because:
- 'Alcoholic' ideas & little children
- Spams chat with drunk gibberish

ynefpavlov

Town Designer
Dec 12, 2012
My personal thoughts on this matter are probably clear already, though I want to give my personal arguments with it:

I think it should be added back. Since there is no decent guide on the internet, containing all recipes, this offers a fun and not too easy thing to explore. I think the drinks very well fit in the minecraft world as it allows for people to build cafés, bars, pubs and have drinks in there! The plugin is well worked out, very complete and (as far as it goes) realistic.

The argument that there are smaller children on the server and they might get wrong ideas about the alcoholic aspect of the game is in my opinion kind of bullshit (sorry for language use, not for smaller children) There are plenty of 'monsters' out there in the world. There are tons of useless kills of innocent mobs. But that seemingly is not a problem? I guess that is because there are way more violent games out there. Nearly every popular game is a game in which the objective is to kill. There are not many games in which you actually do something with alcohol.

Furthermore, its not like young kids get ideas of making their own alcohol in real life, I mean, throwing wheat in cooking water, I can tell you its not that easy...

The creation of drinks is quite complex too, so I guess really young players won't even succeed in doing so. Besides that, they might even learn about alcohol and not drinking too much IRL as the game becomes nearly unplayable when too drunk. It might teleport you to a random location when you log off drunk etc. Thats not what you want, so you need to be a little careful etc.

The spam in the chat might be annoying when many people are drunk. However, often it is a ton of fun too. When it gets annoying (people purposely spamming chat to show off they are drunk) server spam rules cover that pretty well and the player could be muted by a mod easily for 15 minutes or something.

Reactions: Legoguy and _Ifrit_

Mikemer456

Builder
Dec 10, 2012
My personal thoughts on this matter are probably clear already, though I want to give my personal arguments with it:

I think it should be added back. Since there is no decent guide on the internet, containing all recipes, this offers a fun and not too easy thing to explore. I think the drinks very well fit in the minecraft world as it allows for people to build cafés, bars, pubs and have drinks in there! The plugin is well worked out, very complete and (as far as it goes) realistic.

The argument that there are smaller children on the server and they might get wrong ideas about the alcoholic aspect of the game is in my opinion kind of bullshit (sorry for language use, not for smaller children) There are plenty of 'monsters' out there in the world. There are tons of useless kills of innocent mobs. But that seemingly is not a problem? I guess that is because there are way more violent games out there. Nearly every popular game is a game in which the objective is to kill. There are not many games in which you actually do something with alcohol.

Furthermore, its not like young kids get ideas of making their own alcohol in real life, I mean, throwing wheat in cooking water, I can tell you its not that easy...

The creation of drinks is quite complex too, so I guess really young players won't even succeed in doing so. Besides that, they might even learn about alcohol and not drinking too much IRL as the game becomes nearly unplayable when too drunk. It might teleport you to a random location when you log off drunk etc. Thats not what you want, so you need to be a little careful etc.

The spam in the chat might be annoying when many people are drunk. However, often it is a ton of fun too. When it gets annoying (people purposely spamming chat to show off they are drunk) server spam rules cover that pretty well and the player could be muted by a mod easily for 15 minutes or something.
Hmm, I'm to lazy to read. BUT, if Tercept can't make a longer post than this then I think ynef wins and the plugin should be put back in :D

SuperZachlee3000

Town Designer
Dec 13, 2013
It was fun at first but then I realized that if we are trying to drive vanilla then this is getting in the way. Also I don't want to have to deal constant span or caps from people in chat. I agree it's cool and fun but not for this type of server.

T_E_S

Builder
Dec 23, 2012
You can disable the chat influence in the plugin files. Noone will notice u are drunk then. Nough said. lol

icecosmicuprise

Nation Builder
Donor Level 2
Jul 7, 2013
My saying on this it Should not be added back. The chat was getting to annoying, and yes i do know u can disable the chat for it. if that chat was disable there is really no point in drinking the pot then.

other than walking side ways, and throwing up soul sand. People loved typing in chat when there where drunk. This is supposed be a vanilla minecraft server. just adding more things make it less vanilla like, But i will say this the Plugin is okay, its not a bad plugin i will admit that.

i just dont think its for this server. You also got to be aware of kids parents on this too. If some kids parents walked in and saw there kid drinking on a game then they will think its Okay to do it in life, cause if its on a block game why not do it in real life.
So with that being said i just really dont think it should be added back into the game.

Tercept

Administrator
Adman
Donor Level 5
Dec 10, 2012
Staff are discussing this.

The plugin was not really the problem, it was the behavior you all displayed with it. I had complaints from senior staff members and other members of influence that there was a lot of vulgarity with the plugin. I removed it instantly because I am against cussing for the sake of cussing. It also caused a lot of spam in global chat.

I'm attempting to get it back in with certain conditions. Players need to control themselves, while fun to have it needs to be treated with respect. Abuse of the chat features will get them removed.

I'm also attempting to get a local chat channel put in to help cut the random chatter. The plugin should only take effect while talking in local chat.

Blame the behavior, not the plugin.

Reactions: T_E_S