MMC Is shutting down...

Hey guys/girls,

This is a formal announcement that we will be shutting the game servers down effective on the 27th. The website and teamspeak will be left up for quite some time as they've already been moved to a more maintainable environment.

Boosted and some of the other mods will be setting up a server for you guys to play on, details on that will follow.

Many may be asking why? I wont go into a lot of detail, but to keep it simple, here goes.

I've been running this server for nearly 5 years. Playercounts have always been a struggle unless we do a fresh reset, and that's not a maintainable playing style. We've tried and tried again to make things work so that we could continue, but nothing worked.

I have zero desire these days to even do anything related to minecraft, and the other admins are in the same boat. Not to mention, many of the mods are no where to be found these days as well.

Part of me thinks I should have listened to myself 2 years ago and gone another direction for the server, IMO survival is dead and has been for a long time. Its really a niche gameplay style these days. What would I have done differently? It's hard to say right now, but more mini games, pvp focused play style probably would be worked much better in the long run.

Anyway, I don't want to ramble. I'm very sad about all of this and wish to give you all a farewell from my heart. It's been a great ride and with the exception of some of you (You know who you are), you were all great people and enjoyed my time on the server with you all.

Good bye to the game server, forums and team speak will remain up and active (hopefully).
Me and Mike have been here since Dec 2011. It has been a great ride and an end to an era.
That is a shame that this server is shutting down, I only wished I was on here more, I know this account will say I just joined but my account information is wrong some how and so I had to create a new one. I have been with this server since 2011 around December Im sorry I was on a lot, and I know a lot of people will have doubts I was actually on here that long but I still have the email that fffizzz sent me about the server, I wished I came on here more...):

When looking thru all of these comments and replies it reminds me of the times I did play... This was one my first minecraft server I went on... Wow 4 years of having this server on my list, it doesnt seem that long but man, I wish I did more for this wonderful community...

I, wallep2011, created an account on this old website just to say that in the far future (March 15, 2016) we have an new server called It's Simply Survival. Its great to play there as it was in MMC. It is about to complete one year of existance and will update to 1.9 tomorrow and reset its map. I also have an screenshot of it, and also an comparison to MMC.

Attachments

Man, The First server I ever signed in to. It was around June of 2011. MMC was so amazing, that almost 6 years later, I still get on this forum just to try to talk to old friends. I miss all of the original players. Seems like just yesterday that bingbong2715 and I created "The Bingdom" and Howard_Roark had one too many drinks and used creative mode to blow up our town. Seems like just yesterday bing gave me a tour of his Mario 64 Castle. Seems like just yesterday Tercept and I were butting heads non stop. Seems like just yesterday I bought the gold rank for RioFickle. Seems like just yesterday I had all of these great memories with all of these great people. MyMinecraft Was a big part of my life. I had a time when I didn't have many friends in my neighborhood in real life, but I could always sign in and be welcomed. there was never a dull moment. I would love to contact any one of you guys reading this, if anyone ever does lol. You can contact me on Xbox: AyJaii, you can contact my via instagram: imbucket you can contact me by email: holichow@hotmail.com. Once again, thank you guys for being a big part of my life. -Andrew

So, ISS has the same destiny as MMC. Its gonna shut down in Oct 29. But, that isn't the end. As you know, ISS was founded by Boosted and Dwa, but at the beggining of this year Dwa was banned from there, for unknown reasons. Recently, in August, he created his own server, DwaGaming (mc.dwagaming.com, 1.10). If you go there, you will see lots of people from MMC (e.g. Vasegaard, Adscomics, Searavin, IceRavin, myself). So, we got the third generation of MMC.

R.I.P. MMC 2010 - 03/27/2015
R.I.P. ISS 03/16/2015 - 10/29/2016

So, ISS has the same destiny as MMC. Its gonna shut down in Oct 29. But, that isn't the end. As you know, ISS was founded by Boosted and Dwa, but at the beggining of this year Dwa was banned from there, for unknown reasons. Recently, in August, he created his own server, DwaGaming (mc.dwagaming.com, 1.10). If you go there, you will see lots of people from MMC (e.g. Vasegaard, Adscomics, Searavin, IceRavin, myself). So, we got the third generation of MMC.

R.I.P. MMC 2010 - 03/27/2015
R.I.P. ISS 03/16/2015 - 10/29/2016
*unknown reasons* lol

sush1jed1

Culinarian Pyro
There really only were two generations of MMC.

MMC prior to all of the staff being dismissed / WW Days
MMC post all the staff being dismissed / "WE WANT WW BACK" Days

I doubt many others have been around since MMC prior remain.

Given most of the old member are either dead or employed.

R.I.P. Pid

I can't really consider ISS or Dwa's thing MMC.

-Sa1ty Sush1 - Madmin

Swiftflight

The Prince Mod
Donor Level 2
There really only were two generations of MMC.

MMC prior to all of the staff being dismissed / WW Days
MMC post all the staff being dismissed / "WE WANT WW BACK" Days

I doubt many others have been around since MMC prior remain.

Given most of the old member are either dead or employed.

R.I.P. Pid

I can't really consider ISS or Dwa's thing MMC.

-Sa1ty Sush1 - Madmin
Doesn't mean there can't be a third generation though :whistle::eek:. #CraftMineMyMilkCookieMMC2017