Jason463's Youtube channel (916 subscribers)

jason463

New Miner
Jan 13, 2013
Hello everyone I know that a lot of people might not know me here mainly since I just recently came back. I was a regular here a year ago but I am now back. I have now started doing youtube again and i have a channel with 916 subscribers. I recently started a survival series on myminecraft and im looking to recruit some people for my videos. I will be making videos here very often so people will get a lot of chances to get in on this opportunity. I hope this will help out both myminecraft and my channel. You must fill out an application in the comments here to get into one of my videos and I will select some people out each time i make a video.

Application format:

In Game Username:

Server rank:

Skype name:

Why do you think you deserve this opportunity?:

Do you agree to stay appropriate and not cuss?:

My channel is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCId5bOwLaFaiFeE1eC-mrhg

And also if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me just put a comment down.

TheWolfsHeart

Server Psychopath
Vet Mod
Donor Level 3
Dec 10, 2012
I went through and watched a few of your videos, and I'll say a few opinions.
1. They're rather nice, though the quality seems to be in need of slight improvement. If you're not using Minecraft in a 720 window, I consider changing that to help incrase the quality after the rendering process, instead of up-scaling a video which can make it more blurry. Also double check what type of file you're outputting to. Videos that are in .flv format after render tend to lose a bit of quality for the sake of file size, while AVI's are large file sizes, and keep all the data. It's the differences between a lossy and a lossless file type.
2. Though I understand budget is a thing, the audio quality seems to vary from video to video, or at least for a few of them. This is something that may be an editing issue, but I'm not going to say for sure.
3. Overall, it's fairly nice to see an old-ish member coming back and wanting to make a few videos on our precious little server.

Lastly, don't take anything I've said above as harsh criticism. It's just a few tips from a Graphic Designer. ^^

Rio_fickle

Sexy Vet Mod
Donor Level 5
Dec 10, 2012
Impressive, my channel has 600 subscribers. Not minecraft related.

Going to be honest, after reviewing some of your videos, I ask. Did you pay for subscribers?
Just rather surprising to see a channel with 900 subscribers with video's that most of them don't even top 100 views. I mean no offense by what I say, but your most popular video has nearly 300 views. and half of them don't have much comments and or likes. Makes not much sense to me, My channel which I've had for about a year now, maybe more. Most of my videos get about 1000+ views, 10+ likes and a bunch of comments. My most viewed video is almost at 30k.

None the less, I like the idea. I'm up for being in a couple videos. Definitely think any help to attract people to the server matters to me.

Last edited:

jason463

New Miner
Jan 13, 2013
Impressive, my channel has 600 subscribers. Not minecraft related.

Going to be honest, after reviewing some of your videos, I ask. Did you pay for subscribers?
Just rather surprising to see a channel with 900 subscribers with video's that most of them don't even top 100 views. I mean no offense by what I say, but your most popular video has nearly 300 views. and half of them don't have much comments and or likes. Makes not much sense to me, My channel which I've had for about a year now, maybe more. Most of my videos get about 1000+ views, 10+ likes and a bunch of comments. My most viewed video is almost at 30k.

None the less, I like the idea. I'm up for being in a couple videos. Definitely think any help to attract people to the server matters to me.
No riofickle they arent paid for xD. This wasnt fully my account until now I was just working with someone and he recently gave me the account now. But we didn't just make the videos and sit and wait for the reviews I also went on skype because i have some 400 contacts and told them about it. I think the way its going atleast my videos will get some more views than the past owner of it. Im not 100% sure why we havent gotten as many views but I plan to change that soon.

jason463

New Miner
Jan 13, 2013
I went through and watched a few of your videos, and I'll say a few opinions.
1. They're rather nice, though the quality seems to be in need of slight improvement. If you're not using Minecraft in a 720 window, I consider changing that to help incrase the quality after the rendering process, instead of up-scaling a video which can make it more blurry. Also double check what type of file you're outputting to. Videos that are in .flv format after render tend to lose a bit of quality for the sake of file size, while AVI's are large file sizes, and keep all the data. It's the differences between a lossy and a lossless file type.
2. Though I understand budget is a thing, the audio quality seems to vary from video to video, or at least for a few of them. This is something that may be an editing issue, but I'm not going to say for sure.
3. Overall, it's fairly nice to see an old-ish member coming back and wanting to make a few videos on our precious little server.

Lastly, don't take anything I've said above as harsh criticism. It's just a few tips from a Graphic Designer. ^^
Actually I thank you for the critique. I know about the quality issues with my voice in a few videos and I just bought a new logitech headset for the upcoming videos. Also I do kow about the graphics but it takes so much time for me to upload a 5+ gb video file to youtube since it takes quite a bit of time. I decided to compress it a little to see the difference in quality so Im kinda experimenting.

TheWolfsHeart

Server Psychopath
Vet Mod
Donor Level 3
Dec 10, 2012
Actually I thank you for the critique. I know about the quality issues with my voice in a few videos and I just bought a new logitech headset for the upcoming videos. Also I do kow about the graphics but it takes so much time for me to upload a 5+ gb video file to youtube since it takes quite a bit of time. I decided to compress it a little to see the difference in quality so Im kinda experimenting.
Try experimenting with .mp4's and maybe try a .mov

Not sure how .mov will render, but I use to use .mp4's for a while. Also, what program do you use for your video editing? Sony Vegas? Premiere? After Effects? I've got a bit of extra knowledge in each of these I'll be willing to share if you need.

jason463

New Miner
Jan 13, 2013
well i used sony vegas for my intro xD and ive been using avi files for my videos. Not sure how those compare to the mp4's

TheWolfsHeart

Server Psychopath
Vet Mod
Donor Level 3
Dec 10, 2012
well i used sony vegas for my intro xD and ive been using avi files for my videos. Not sure how those compare to the mp4's
AVI files are essentially a lose-less format. They're HUGE video files, but they're great quality. Play around with Sony Vegas's export settings. I'll see if I can find my old settings to share with ya.

jason463

New Miner
Jan 13, 2013
AVI files are essentially a lose-less format. They're HUGE video files, but they're great quality. Play around with Sony Vegas's export settings. I'll see if I can find my old settings to share with ya.
Yea they are nice quality defiantly but they take forever to upload to youtube xD.