General Movie Discussion

zephyrnug

Architect
Dec 10, 2012
Da hood
The Raid: Redemption (amazing movie!)

Dredd (copies part of the setup from The Raid, but still awesome in it's own right.)

Bleyd

Miner
Dec 10, 2012
The Sky
Just saw In Time last night and... wow. The concept was really fascinating, a whole idea of a dystopian future where literally EVERYTHING is based on time... but the execution was godawful, and it got worse as the film went along. Shallow acting, uninteresting and repetitive sets, and special effects that make the Langoliers look like the skeletons from Jason and the Argonauts. Take a look for yourself, but watch in fullscreen and high quality like it was meant to be seen on a TV or in a theater - a little youtube window makes it difficult to see just how laughable the CGI is.

tTheoRyy

Builder
Dec 10, 2012
Silent Earth: 3
I watched Primer this afternoon, and I'm still trying to piece it all together. For those of you who are entirely unaware of the plot: two engineers accidentally create a time machine and begin to manipulate the past for personal gain, but shit hits the fan.

I highly recommend it.

where does this 'you only acces 20% of your brain' bullshit keeps coming from...
Same place that "the soul weighs 2 kilos (or something like that" thing came from. Blatantly falsified, unrepeatable, bullshit pseudo science experiments performed in the late 1800s through early 1900s which contribute to most of the modern day pseudo science or "pop psychology." It's pathetic, really.