Feedback Time (again)!

Discussion in 'Announcements and News' started by Tercept, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Tercept

Tercept
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Adman Donor Level 5

Hello Players of MMC!! It's that time again where we ask for feedback from the community to figure out what needs to be fixed and/or improved upon.

Before anyone asks or comments about it, yes we are aware of the spawn issue.

Questions:

1. What would you like to see more of?
    2. What would you change?
    3. What would you donate for?
    4. Are you aware of the donation raffle?
    5. What needs to be improved?

As a side note, we haven't had any donors in the past two weeks. If you have some spare change please donate it to the server. Hosting is not free, especially when you require powerful hardware to support the plugins and things that we offer. Donating can enter you in a chance to win a Dell Venue Tablet.

Also congratulations to Kelso (fffizzz) and his wife (Nimbley Kitteh) on their newborn! We wish them the best!

2. Swiftflight

Swiftflight
    Expand Collapse
    Customizable Snow Mod
    Donor Level 2

It happened already! I'm so out of the loop... hurray!
    1. What would I like to see more of? Wonderful adventures... and myself... since I have a bit of time off from most interweb activities... I have decided to start thinking of an adventure for the server... I will be pulling some of the ideas from me and my friends dungeons and dragons campaign that goes on Friday, so hurray.
    2. A bit of things I suppose.
    3. I would donate for caps and giggles... I'm currently saving up for a computer though.
    4. I am very aware of the donation raffle because it is my fast track ticket back to most of the interwebs.
    5. I unno... I haven't been on in so long...

ONCE MORE... CONGRATULATIONS BOSS!

3. fdrandel

fdrandel
    Expand Collapse
    Nation Builder

Add 'blood moon'. A lot more mobs spawn at night when a blood moon rises, they're more powerful, more dangerous. Being outside at night is shear suicide even in full diamond protection IV armor. Not every night is a blood moon night, it's configurable how often it occurs.

• Like Like x 2
  4. VasegaardOP

VasegaardOP
    Expand Collapse
    Miner

Well, they are trying to make the server Vanilla, not modded.. So i think thats a bad idea ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. fdrandel

fdrandel
    Expand Collapse
    Nation Builder

Well we've been trying vanilla for how long now? And our activity always winds down to almost nothing a few months after a new world start. Maybe people are looking for a challenge which they get with a new world start but after they get established interest wanes. PVP in general is discouraged except in a few select locations so there is no element of surprise. As much as I hated getting ambushed while innocently minding my own business and building it did keep me on my toes looking over my shoulder.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. fffizzz

fffizzz
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Adman

I'm not sold 100% on vanilla. Its just that we don't want useless mods/plugins. We DO need to be unique and offer things other servers dont though. I do like the sound of the blood moon personally.

7. Tercept

Tercept
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Adman Donor Level 5

For those interested in playing modded minecraft, please create a list of what you would like to see.

I have already setup a forge server with Biomes O Plenty and Mo Creatures (1.7.10). If we want expand on this, there needs to be a lot of interest and activity for it. The last few times we tried the server completely flopped.

8. roewaid

roewaid
    Expand Collapse
    Builder

What happened to the quests. There were talks of quests in the new world and I never heard anything about that anymore. I think that would be a good extra.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hrad

Hrad
    Expand Collapse
    Hrad1999

I am so far loving the server but I do admit that it does get boring after a while but that's Minecraft and that's why other noobs made mods. So because we are trying to be a vanilla server then let's try adding games or tournaments like every once in a while have like a pop quiz or a sumotory like if anyone remembers the day we had a sumotory im pretty sure we had the most ppl ever to be on one ts channel at once and it was awesome. So yeah I think to improve the amount of players on this server we could have like weekly tournaments and fun games. I also really like the donations raffle cause in my opinion that is actually really helping the donations. :)

10. Tercept

Tercept
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Adman Donor Level 5

I too am disappointed about this. Our Content team was supposed to be working on this. I'll see what happened to this progress.

11. Foose

Foose
    Expand Collapse
    Blue Mod
    Blue Mod

Well I have a few things to say about how to improve and things we could do to keep people interested.

1. MCMMO - Although I love the plugin because it gives the player something to work toward, in the long run it breaks itself. With the economy added into the server the perks of the different skills ultimately will crash the economy. (ie. double drops, blast mining, woodcutting, ect...)

2. Games - I have been trying to make some vanilla games that can keep players interested. I would love some help with ideas and building. Games can have prizes. I have also done some trivia and paid out money as prizes. Buttttt I'm running low on funds so I can't really keep that up.

3. Quest - If you guys need a story line or quest dialogue I think I'm pretty good on the creative writing end of things. I just don't know how to work that in with npc's and payout of prizes and such.

4. Legit Vanilla - @fffizzz I understand where you are coming from. I personally think that we need to cut back on plugins. Yes we need to be unique, I just think we are going about it the wrong way. I think towny and precious stones are great adds but I think we should drop MCMMO and the PvP effects. Although they seemed like a good idea in the long run I think it ends up hurting us.

5. Economy - I have mixed feelings on this. On one hand it provides incentive and on the other it can be pretty hard to manage. The making of prices has to be super on point. Furthermore you have to be really mindful of what is added into the game because if it is a big game change it will break the game. This also takes me back to MCMMO. It speeds up the pace of the game making it easier to make money and crash the economy. Same thing could be said about other plugins/addons.

This is just my opinion on things. I do like the blood moon idea. Doesn't seem game breaking and could really spice things up on the server. I would really like to see this server flourish because I think we have the right tools to do so and a great community.

12. ynefpavlov

ynefpavlov
    Expand Collapse
    Town Designer
    Content Creator

I have to agree with Fdrandel on the point that it gets boring once everyone is settled. There is a lack of surprises, adventures, unknowns..

However many people get angry with being killed etc, it adds excitement. Maybe there should be a way to crack someones base, so people will keep working on improving or repairing their builds and their positions in the world.

This might sound an awful lot like a Factions server, but maybe we can figure our own way with the possibilities of towny war. Being able to take someones stuff on specific times may result in more activity. For this to work, people should live in towns and not have another private base stocked with goods and weapons that cannot be taken.

Maybe we should look into PS and decide to limit the amount of protection one can have. 1 gold block that covers an area of 3x3x3 blocks would be perfect. You could store your most loved goods in a protected core, but the rest can be taken. Or (if possible) we should let someone have no PS blocks when he or she is in a town.

To be continued lol

13. Mikemer456

Mikemer456
    Expand Collapse
    Builder

Thermal Expansion and IC 2 would be a good start.

14. Tercept

Tercept
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Adman Donor Level 5

Too unsurvival for my tastes tbh. But if the players want it then they will get it. We wont be doing anything until a vast amount of players have voiced their opinions.

15. Boosted_FG2

Boosted_FG2
    Expand Collapse
    Vet Mod
    Vet Mod

I personally think trying to start a new world and moving everyone's half build over from the old custom map maybe was not the best idea. I do love FDR's are about more mob spawning at night or even all together. The reason everyone is already burnt out on this map is simply because of all the game breaking shit. Efficiency picks, people flying on dragons, mcmmo double a triple drops, /t spawn & unlimited /t outpost, knapsacks... and im sure im leaving something out. Our server is just not very challenging when it comes to progressing in the world of vanilla. Vanilla IS fun and a lot of people still enjoy it thoroughly. Its just users got rich way to quick and had everything they could desire in a matter of a month or so. Minecraft is about the STRUGGLE to get shit and the really really hard items to acquire. Not much struggle here.

So Foose and FDR make some really good points in my opinion here. We need to figure out what kinda server we wanna be and then go from there. Cause to me its almost like a modded vanilla world because a lot of non-vanilla shit going on. But increasing the spawn rate of hostile mobs is an awesome idea, Ive actually played on a server that is like that and it was pretty awesome because of the challenge. I mean literally your ass didn't go outside because there were so many mobs until you had it lit up. So that's a good idea.

Im not a fan of modded minecraft at all really but some really love it BUT its not about what I want its about what you guys want. I will try to adapt to whatever kind of gamestyle you all choose to have. We just veered to far away (as a feared) with some of these plugins and additions.

I still enjoy the vanilla minecraft servers out there that are basic and for some reason those servers run 30-40 people a day. Constant flow of new users and all they do is have people vote. I have heard from admins "voting don't help much" I would have to bed to differ. If it didn't work people wouldn't do it its as simple as that. But yet all the other servers ive checked out have 6-9 different voting links that offers rewards and incentives to users to go vote everyday. Just bumping the ol PMC thread works from time to time but we also get a shit ton of trolls from there these days. But if 1 out of every 25 stays we are winning so i think we should really look into expanding our voting sites, offers and rewards to users.

But non the less we need another jump start to keep it moving fellaz so keep the ideas coming.

#15 Boosted_FG2, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Tercept

Tercept
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Adman Donor Level 5

No admins have never said voting doesn't help. We just say we don't get enough votes.

There are plenty of mods that add to the vanilla feel of the games. Look up Mo Creatures and Biomes O Plenty for instance.

17. The_Natester1999

The_Natester1999
    Expand Collapse
    Miner

if you add the morph mod i will be defiantly be playing

18. roewaid

roewaid
    Expand Collapse
    Builder

I agree with some of the people here saying the challenge is gone.
    Maybe it is a good idea to go to a new world in a bit but not right away. First finish the world. So build the towns, add the npc en the quests.
    I think that way people will hang around because there is something to do in the world. If you get dropped in a new world and you get your base with you or without your base you go work on making a great camp right away. And then they are safe real quick and a finished because there is no challenge like others said.

For me also playing together is important. I don't like to play mc alone anymore. I don't know if I will make any friends saying this but maybe it is a good to remove ps. This way your stuff can only be safe in a towny town and people will make towns and join each other. If people have friends to play with they will stay longer

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. ynefpavlov

ynefpavlov
    Expand Collapse
    Town Designer
    Content Creator

Agree with Roe. PS is great in what it does, but with a small playerbase we have, it doesn't add anything to the cohesion we should form to let players stick around.

As for the vanilla 'you have every item you wish within a month', I think it will be hard to change that a lot. Therefore Questlines should build out upon the vanilla game so players can get special items or rewards.

Also the 'vanilla feel' or whatever we are trying to create, is kind of not working at all. For me vanilla would mean no protection and so on. Being able to search through someones stuff and find hidden chests is such fun!

My ideas:

I am voting for a more roleplay/medieval server. Every last weekend of the month there is a towny war, so people have 30 days to build up to it again.

There might be 6 (or more) towns or so, all with elected mayors form the current player base. Maybe divide into 2 or 3 nations. These all have a home plot set. All towns might have a short history written that is published on the forums. Players can choose to join a city and adapt that 'nationality' or whatever you could call it. Like a dwarven city, elfish, pirate, viking, idk. Basically the nations are set up as rivals.

Within this world are some non-player towns like Northpass, Swordfall etc. with NPC's that give out quests and take you through the world.

There are no /t outposts. Teleport delay is kept at 10 minutes.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. roewaid

roewaid
    Expand Collapse
    Builder

Shut me up if i am going to far.

If you take the idea of ynef that there are different kind of towns. So dwarves, elvish etc. and then divide the land in like different regions. With a region for every kind of people or maybe 2 on every part of the world. Then they could deside to work together and attack the other parts or just attack eachother.
    Would be even better if people really build in the style that there town is but that is difficult for some. Like ynef and menty and me always go for a theme but super town is always just buildings. We will have to get them to stick to a theme

• Like Like x 1