Earliest Memory of MMC?

Foose

Miner
Oct 17, 2014
After being on the server for like a month in 1.6/1.7 I remember I was trying to get my own head for like an hour and then one and only @Boosted_FG2 came along was like hey I'm Mr kool guy with looting 3. Tped over and first try beheaded me.

Stuie_

Miner
Dec 11, 2012
For me it was coming here together with Dylanhebuilder, mentyson, ynefpavlov and jeronimo. We played on a server that stopped and came to mmc together to start a town.
I was part of that group, too, but wandered off to do my own thing when I couldn't keep up with wherever Ron was leading me. LOL I stumbled across a double skele spawner and started a small base in the shadow of Camelot, and began building a large tree. Tried again when the server re-set, but then stuff happened and it never was finished.

Reactions: roewaid

Tercept

Administrator
Adman
Donor Level 5
Dec 10, 2012
Alright.

My story story starts in Minecraft version 1.5. I just got minecraft after watching my roommate play on it. I was in college at the time looking for something to easily startup and shutdown because StarCraft II was too long of a commitment between classes. Minecraft seemed interesting so I bought it.

I then started looking for a multiplayer server. I wasn't interested in Singleplayer. I wanted to play with some other people to help me learn the game and the proper way to play. You just can't learn everything playing by yourself and you get some cool tricks and tips from other players. I browsed the server listings (you know voting links, only reason why I am here) and I knew I wanted a smaller server so communication was more personal. I was looking for 40-50 because all I was seeing was hundreds. I found a name that stood out. Myminecraft. I joined the server and spawned in an underwater dome. I was so confused. What I thought was strange was that no one said hi or anything. I decided to give the server a shot and explore around. I found the rules signs.

Back then you had to agree to the rules in order to get permissions. /iagree or something like that was the command. It ranked you up to member and gave you building permissions. I went up a ladder and explored the spawn. It was amazing. Small houses, a haunted house, a market place, walls, sewers, a secret blackmarket. It had everything you would need. I was on my own for about an hour or two before I asked to join someone's town. Fuzzamuzza invited me to the town called Mountain. It had a wonderful view of the surrounding area, a large pixel build by @DJRedFlames and some other cool builds. I bought two plots to build a mansion. My roommate joined in at this time and we lived together in my 2 plot mansion. I thought I built the best thing on the server.

I applied for VIP on day 3. rodtang denied me. I donated 2 days later to get G1 or G2.

I then found some good ways to make some zingas. I learned some cool mining techniques and learned how to defend myself from mobs. I made enough money to make my own town. I traveled west, very far west at the time. Minecarts didn't have chests in them, there was no enderchests. It was just your inventory. I decided I wanted a floating city on the water. So I dug up my house leaving a crater on what was once a clean piece of land (I'm still sorry fuzza) and moved to the shoreline. I built a long path to the middle of the ocean and started building using smooth stone I bought from the admin shop.

I built a frickin large square on the water and created my town. Imperial_Center was born. While under construction I would be raided by @TwentyTenor and @tTheoRyy who would kill me just for fun. This sparked my rage over pvping and is probably why I hate pvpers so much.

My city grew fast. Both in members and in size. My brother @Osric_Orcblood replaced my roommate. I became the number one city on the server in per size and in members. I advocated a no pvp stance and enforced that as a rule on my members. PvP was for self defense only. In secret my brother would lead special strike forces to raid empty villages and cities bringing me riches. I built a huge capitol building, tree farm, and shipyard. Mines were created into the water and down to bedrock. My market was second to the Admin shop. Everyone wanted to try to match the prices I offered. At this point I still had never entered the End World or Nether.

Eventually like all great cities (RIP Concordia) it died off. Players went inactive, others gained enough riches and started their own cities like I had done to Fuzza. This time though they joined my Nation. I was the Emperor of Survival. Then the updates came. I disbanded the city once the nation fell apart. I decided my time as King was over and that I would live in hills. I once went back to the city to see that Towny was only 1/4 of the way done with reverting the changes. It became a death trap. So many people died due to lava and open air between the ocean (hard to explain). The map was reset shortly afterwards for the 1.6.4 update. Concordia was coming. . .

MrTatish1

Tatish / Tate
Donor Level 2
Dec 16, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Alright.

My story story starts in Minecraft version 1.5. I just got minecraft after watching my roommate play on it. I was in college at the time looking for something to easily startup and shutdown because StarCraft II was too long of a commitment between classes. Minecraft seemed interesting so I bought it.

I then started looking for a multiplayer server. I wasn't interested in Singleplayer. I wanted to play with some other people to help me learn the game and the proper way to play. You just can't learn everything playing by yourself and you get some cool tricks and tips from other players. I browsed the server listings (you know voting links, only reason why I am here) and I knew I wanted a smaller server so communication was more personal. I was looking for 40-50 because all I was seeing was hundreds. I found a name that stood out. Myminecraft. I joined the server and spawned in an underwater dome. I was so confused. What I thought was strange was that no one said hi or anything. I decided to give the server a shot and explore around. I found the rules signs.

Back then you had to agree to the rules in order to get permissions. /iagree or something like that was the command. It ranked you up to member and gave you building permissions. I went up a ladder and explored the spawn. It was amazing. Small houses, a haunted house, a market place, walls, sewers, a secret blackmarket. It had everything you would need. I was on my own for about an hour or two before I asked to join someone's town. Fuzzamuzza invited me to the town called Mountain. It had a wonderful view of the surrounding area, a large pixel build by @DJRedFlames and some other cool builds. I bought two plots to build a mansion. My roommate joined in at this time and we lived together in my 2 plot mansion. I thought I built the best thing on the server.

I applied for VIP on day 3. rodtang denied me. I donated 2 days later to get G1 or G2.

I then found some good ways to make some zingas. I learned some cool mining techniques and learned how to defend myself from mobs. I made enough money to make my own town. I traveled west, very far west at the time. Minecarts didn't have chests in them, there was no enderchests. It was just your inventory. I decided I wanted a floating city on the water. So I dug up my house leaving a crater on what was once a clean piece of land (I'm still sorry fuzza) and moved to the shoreline. I built a long path to the middle of the ocean and started building using smooth stone I bought from the admin shop.

I built a frickin large square on the water and created my town. Imperial_Center was born. While under construction I would be raided by @TwentyTenor and @tTheoRyy who would kill me just for fun. This sparked my rage over pvping and is probably why I hate pvpers so much.

My city grew fast. Both in members and in size. My brother @Osric_Orcblood replaced my roommate. I became the number one city on the server in per size and in members. I advocated a no pvp stance and enforced that as a rule on my members. PvP was for self defense only. In secret my brother would lead special strike forces to raid empty villages and cities bringing me riches. I built a huge capitol building, tree farm, and shipyard. Mines were created into the water and down to bedrock. My market was second to the Admin shop. Everyone wanted to try to match the prices I offered. At this point I still had never entered the End World or Nether.

Eventually like all great cities (RIP Concordia) it died off. Players went inactive, others gained enough riches and started their own cities like I had done to Fuzza. This time though they joined my Nation. I was the Emperor of Survival. Then the updates came. I disbanded the city once the nation fell apart. I decided my time as King was over and that I would live in hills. I once went back to the city to see that Towny was only 1/4 of the way done with reverting the changes. It became a death trap. So many people died due to lava and open air between the ocean (hard to explain). The map was reset shortly afterwards for the 1.6.4 update. Concordia was coming. . .
Well...That was a lot more in-depth than I was expecting...

fffizzz

Administrator
Adman
Dec 10, 2012
Part of my memories was how badly I was treated at other servers. I've never been one for single player games with the exception of a few. After many bad experiences at other servers, I decided I would start my own server and NOT treat people like garbage.

I wasn't a newb to running servers, but was to minecraft. I had previously run Various Quake, Half-Life, TF, TF2, MegaTF, Star siege Tribes (if you remember this game, it was awesome!), tribes 2, etc.

Upon starting my first server, I had a crew of people from bodybuilding.com misc section, started a post on reddit and within a couple days had a nice base number of users. This was before there was 40000 server lists, and competition was not an issue back then.

I remember vividly having to restart the map MANY times due to not knowing what I was doing.. Wake up one day, someone burned down pretty much everything in the map. In early alpha, firespread was insane... light one tree, down goes the servers wood supply.. lol

Slowly started learning about mods and plugins, we introduced hMod into the server. Soon after bukkit, then spigot... future will likely live on Sponge, but only time will tell.

I'm not hugely detail oriented so my story sucks, but that's a bried history on how I started the server.

VasegaardOP

Miner
Apr 28, 2014
Denmark
On my first day on the server, i just ran around untill i found a good spot for my build i had started on the server i played on before this, when i found the spot i went caving to get iron, then the one and only @icecosmicuprise came along... and killed me, so i both lost the spot and my iron, so i went caving again, only to get killed by @icecosmicuprise AGAIN after like an hour of getting back up. So i had to go caving again, when i came up, i ended up in that spot i found to begin with, and @ynefpavlov came to help me get started <3

Hrad

Hrad1999
Aug 8, 2013
Ok I guess we are all doing story time so ima take a turn. So it all happened when me and my friend @ashkonjohn if anyone remembers him were looking for a towny server and we found this one. We join in and see everyone saying Welcome and we were like oh cool. So this was 1.5-1.6 I think and I remember that all ashkonjohn and I love doing was helping so I remember there was the first town that was open to join for all new guys and atm @icecosmicuprise was the mayor of that town. So we joined and helped him on mining and wood cutting then we got tired and logged off for the day, then next day we log on and see ice is no longer the mayor so we got confused and saw that he moved to Equestria so we joined with him. So yeah we had a nice plot there playing for a long time then ashkonjohn and I were like hmm what if we made a town. So I ran off and looked for a open area which I made my town Hoodie Town which the reason we named it this was because the name of our skins were red hoodie and blue hoodie. So we built this town ( by we I mean me ashkonjohn sucked at building) and yeah we had around 20-30 ish ppl which I was proud of then we see new map reset and yeah boom 1.7. That's my story. :)

Shane

He's the Shane, man.
Dec 16, 2012
Upstate New York, United States
Mine was probably building Fort S back on October 17th 2010 directly outside of spawn and then tearing it down, leaving a terrible water situation right next to where players first log on. Then moving into Pandora with Howard_Roark's help. T'was a simpler time. :)