ATTENTION PLAYERS, NEED PLAYER INPUT ASAP

T_E_S

Builder
Dec 23, 2012
I know too little of World Edit or any other plugin for editing large things, so I guess I won't make it to create a spawn, but I certainly would like to help out building one!
You could watch a tutorial on youtube, in 10 minutes you know all basics and even some more advanced stuff ;)

T_E_S

Builder
Dec 23, 2012
ynef, don't forget that you ARE on the creation team, so we would definately invite you to help.

I see the general concensus is that everyone is ok with a new map. From this point forward, I want to welcome your ideas you may have to make game play better. Remember one golden rule.. If you come up with an idea such as (ie: If would be so cooooool if you could make the horses poop flying nyan cats with trailing rainbows). This is all good and well, but you better find the plugin to support your idea! You should know that if you cant do it in single player, you can't do it in multiplayer either without proper plugin support for it.

We will welcome any idea presented to us. We can vote on the most popular ideas or ideas that are actually "good" ideas.
In that case it's time for a good pub on the server! :D
Back on 'my' server we had a plugin that allowed people to brew cool beers and a lot more, and not only via the boring brewing stands! there was a way to put your own brews in and your own recipees, make it cheaper or more expansive, all via N++ (notepad) but yeh it was unstable at the time idk if it will be now, so thats a downside.

But now that I take a little look at it, it looks like they updated and stuff, so probably stable
plugin link:
http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/brewery/

I hope this plugin will make it, it's awesome and adds a lot of fun to the game

Reactions: C_Hawk14

Boosted_FG2

Town Designer
Jan 9, 2014
ok sooo can we just make a build and have it implemented into the new map?
Prob wont have enough time to build like you want to. I would wait for the switch

Ive been asked "can i just take all my chest, i wanna start fresh"
Yes! actually a lot of users are wanting to do this instead of transferring there current base, town or home. We will look at your enderchest's and whatever items you have and then just transfer ur chests and items to the new world.

Thats where people are confused, there not losing there homes or bases and items. ONLY thing getting the works in the nether and that has good reasons behind it. (tip) old style blaze grinders dont really work with 1.8 anymore so you need to rebuild anyway. If your gold farm or iron grinder is in your town It will also come over when we place your new build. I will work work loyal users one on one to make sure your homes and items are compensated for. WE dont have much of a option at this point.

The longer we wait the worse off we will be. Trust me of all people i don't wanna lose any of my things either but the benefits of getting a REGULAR 1.8 world are pretty substantial. We will let you guys know more information on the move within the next couple of days.

Boosted_FG2

Town Designer
Jan 9, 2014
ok sooo can we just make a build and have it implemented into the new map?
Yes actually a lot of users are wanting to do this instead of transferring there current base, town or home. We will look at your enderchest's and whatever items you have and then just transfer ur chests and items to the new world.

Thats where people are confused, there not losing there homes or bases and items. ONLY thing getting the works in the nether and that has good reasons behind it. (tip) old style blaze grinders dont really work with 1.8 anymore so you need to rebuild anyway. If your gold farm or iron grinder is in your town It will also come over when we place your new build. I will work work loyal users one on one to make sure your homes and items are compensated for. WE dont have much of a option at this point.

The longer we wait the worse off we will be. Trust me of all people i don't wanna lose any of my things either but the benefits of getting a REGULAR 1.8 world are pretty substantial. We will let you guys know more information on the move within the next couple of days.

fffizzz

Administrator
Adman
Dec 10, 2012
Hey guys, girls... So, after a couple days of working on different ideas and options, we've got a preliminary idea of map structure. We are doing something a bit different this time around. We are SHOWING you what the map "could" look like.

I say "could" because we will use a different seed potentially. You can expect a lot of the same features and formations, etc using a diff seed, but it wouldn't look exactly like this.

This is done using Minecraft 1.8's new terrain generation features. I'm sure many of you are asking, thats cool and all.. what does this all mean...

Traditionally, when we've had custom terrain on the server, it's relied on a plugin called Terrain-Control. While this plugin is amazing in it's abilities, it definitely has its shortcomings. For example, as MANY noticed, in the last map, we had no proper 1.7/1.8 biomes. Ore generation was also a disaster. While using the built in vanilla generator, those concerns are no longer an issue. We can control those features as we did before, but without the goofy bugs. The other plus is that when a new version comes out, we're not stranded as we would have been waiting for plugins to update.

I present to you, the first public view of "the view" we're going for. We want your valuable feedback and opinions. Is it "too much", is it not what you want at all? We want more of an adventure feeling map, while still maintaining a fairly vanilla feel. One thing I don't want, is standard boring land generation.

http://maps.myminecraft.com/test/

While it's still generating, it's mostly done. This is a fairly small sample for you to see our vision. We also have some other ideas regarding small tweaks to ore generation which we will discuss at a slightly later time.

I think I've rambled enough for the time being, plus my beer is empty. Let's keep this discussion flowing so that we can have a fairly quick turn around. Should this not receive the attention I'm hoping for, I'll make this post an announcement/email for larger visibility.

-fizz out

----edit-----
After looking around dynmap on surface view and flat view, it's not a good picture. I may open a public demo of this map with no ability to build so that you can see first hand how awesome it really is.

----edit edit ----
We also discussed clearing "small" areas of land for town makers since there isnt any huge flat areas. It's my opinion anyway that towns looks better with natural terrain. You don't see cities leveling entire counties to build on. :)

Last edited:

Xoloz

Builder
Donor Level 2
Apr 12, 2013
Irvine
Hey guys, girls... So, after a couple days of working on different ideas and options, we've got a preliminary idea of map structure. We are doing something a bit different this time around. We are SHOWING you what the map "could" look like.

I say "could" because we will use a different seed potentially. You can expect a lot of the same features and formations, etc using a diff seed, but it wouldn't look exactly like this.

This is done using Minecraft 1.8's new terrain generation features. I'm sure many of you are asking, thats cool and all.. what does this all mean...

Traditionally, when we've had custom terrain on the server, it's relied on a plugin called Terrain-Control. While this plugin is amazing in it's abilities, it definitely has its shortcomings. For example, as MANY noticed, in the last map, we had no proper 1.7/1.8 biomes. Ore generation was also a disaster. While using the built in vanilla generator, those concerns are no longer an issue. We can control those features as we did before, but without the goofy bugs. The other plus is that when a new version comes out, we're not stranded as we would have been waiting for plugins to update.

I present to you, the first public view of "the view" we're going for. We want your valuable feedback and opinions. Is it "too much", is it not what you want at all? We want more of an adventure feeling map, while still maintaining a fairly vanilla feel. One thing I don't want, is standard boring land generation.

http://maps.myminecraft.com/test/

While it's still generating, it's mostly done. This is a fairly small sample for you to see our vision. We also have some other ideas regarding small tweaks to ore generation which we will discuss at a slightly later time.

I think I've rambled enough for the time being, plus my beer is empty. Let's keep this discussion flowing so that we can have a fairly quick turn around. Should this not receive the attention I'm hoping for, I'll make this post an announcement/email for larger visibility.

-fizz out

----edit-----
After looking around dynmap on surface view and flat view, it's not a good picture. I may open a public demo of this map with no ability to build so that you can see first hand how awesome it really is.

----edit edit ----
We also discussed clearing "small" areas of land for town makers since there isnt any huge flat areas. It's my opinion anyway that towns looks better with natural terrain. You don't see cities leveling entire counties to build on. :)
Hi fizz,

Is there still going to be the northern ice glaciers/coastal shelf like on the current map? Just curious.

Thanks!

fffizzz

Administrator
Adman
Dec 10, 2012
Hi fizz,

Is there still going to be the northern ice glaciers/coastal shelf like on the current map? Just curious.

Thanks!
Unfortunately not. We would have no physical control of what types of land masses are created or where they're created. The current map was made from an image.

fffizzz

Administrator
Adman
Dec 10, 2012
These screenshots are actually from an earlier iteration of our world creation. Perhaps I'll get some updated ones however it isnt "too much" different. We did raise the water level a bit.

2015-01-01_17.11.05.png 2015-01-01_17.11.39.png 2015-01-01_17.12.23.png 2015-01-01_17.13.11.png 2015-01-01_17.14.31.png 2015-01-01_17.14.44.png 2015-01-01_17.14.46.png 2015-01-01_17.14.53.png 2015-01-01_17.14.58.png 2015-01-01_17.15.23.png 2015-01-01_17.15.42.png 2015-01-01_17.15.50.png

Xoloz

Builder
Donor Level 2
Apr 12, 2013
Irvine

Hrad

Hrad1999
Aug 8, 2013
I really like how it's like all land and only a little of it is ocean.

Foose

Miner
Oct 17, 2014
Although I do like what I'm seeing it seems like the terrain transform from the two extremes, either really high or super low (the hills are quite abrupt). Is there anyway to make them more gradual? Or are we going more of a amplified feel?

Reactions: Boosted_FG2

roewaid

Builder
Dec 10, 2012
I had the feeling that a lot of biomes were missing. So I hope they will be found outside the border there was now.
It will get bigger right?

NikostratosX

The Ghost Architect
Jan 1, 2014
I'm just going to throw in, real quick before I head to bed (I'll return to talk about the spawn either here or another thread), that I have a custom plugin I had designed for a server that defeats a general amount of AFKing and also adds in multiple spawn points (very good for the future design I have in mind).

T_E_S

Builder
Dec 23, 2012
These screenshots are actually from an earlier iteration of our world creation. Perhaps I'll get some updated ones however it isnt "too much" different. We did raise the water level a bit.

View attachment 9603 View attachment 9604 View attachment 9605 View attachment 9606 View attachment 9607 View attachment 9608 View attachment 9609 View attachment 9610 View attachment 9611 View attachment 9612 View attachment 9613 View attachment 9614
I like it, looks like a propper vanilla map, but also doesn't in some way, theres one thing I'm scared of, thats the mountainy look, are there any real flat areas or only hills like this?Maybe you should try to balance that out just a little bit? (but not oo mutch, I like the hills 2 lol)
anyways, I like it, with or without the flat areas I suggested earlier this post, I can see some cool stuff build in this map :D

-T_E_S

ynefpavlov

Town Designer
Dec 12, 2012
Hmm Fffizzz, your map is really cool! It will be kind of hard to travel not using the nether there lol, but absolutely fun. Some plains would be nice to have that are relatively flat though..

Also I think the new map should have some iron & coal, andesite, diorite and grantie above their natural spawn heights, otherwise we get the ugly colossal mountains without any ores.

I might do some testing myself too ;)

fffizzz

Administrator
Adman
Dec 10, 2012
Like I said before, you have to see in game to appreciate. I'll open a test server later in which you can fly around and check it out.

Two things to note:
1. this isnt a finished version
2. I will be making the transitions smoother between biomes and land masses as they're abit abrupt.