ATTENTION PLAYERS, NEED PLAYER INPUT ASAP

dwa1275

Builder
Jul 22, 2014
It has come to our attention that a lot of players are having issues with the current world not with the way it looks but lag, outdated world, no mineshafts, no water temples, massive unusual ores in the world and simply none of the cool 1.8 stuff. This kills the vanilla gameplay in so many ways. With more issues still at hand, we would love to know if the players would like to change maps for a normal 1.8 map. This would be a full legit 1.8 generated map with all the 1.8 goodies. So that means all the natural biomes you have loved before will be back.

So...... this is what would happen,

THIS IS NOT A FULL RESET

This is just a map move. We will be asking players who have made large citys, towns & bases, if they want to move there builds over using world edit. We will not be taking over every single farm, grinder and thing that you have built. It will be mainly your towns, bases, chest rooms and things to that nature so your past 2 month are not a waste. Newer players with beginner builds will get the option to have items moved over only. IT'S UP TO YOU if you want to start fresh.

Players will keep there ranks, money, items, but this will only be available for about 30 days or so. All donated items will be compensated for ie (spawners, chat colors, nicks...) If your spawner is included in your town with the world edit you will not receive an extra one.

The benefit of doing this would be to improve server lag and have a more natural feel as we are geared toward vanilla style gameplay. Allow shops to buy and sell redstone, emeralds, diamonds, lapis, coal glowstone, reduce death due to lag which has been a big issue. We will not be moving anything from the nether unfortunately.

So now we ask you for your input , recommendations or concerns in doing this move so we have a smooth transition to the new map.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: VasegaardOP

Xoloz

Builder
Donor Level 2
Apr 12, 2013
Irvine
Would this move be able to compensate entire cities? Also would the move be able to compensate and create a desert large enough to hold my city in particular? Last time I checked regular deserts aren't 600+ diameter circles in size, and are normally mucked with other biomes...

_Ifrit_

Miner
May 8, 2013
yes please change maps just let me keep an enderchest full of stuff and im happy as all hell

Xoloz

Builder
Donor Level 2
Apr 12, 2013
Irvine
But also the question of lore that people have been getting in to sort of dampers the entire event... such as Ynef's works...

Would it be possible to fix the target locations of the lag??

Boosted_FG2

Town Designer
Jan 9, 2014
Would this move be able to compensate entire cities? Also would the move be able to compensate and create a desert large enough to hold my city in particular? Last time I checked regular deserts aren't 600+ diameter circles in size, and are normally mucked with other biomes...
Your city is by far the biggest and was really my only concern with the move. Of course i can move it but it would be absolutely insane lol. I know you have spent ENDLESS hours on your build and I would be willing to work with you one on one and finding a happy medium with your city size and movement plan. Not 100% sure that we will ever find a desert that huge or make that work well as this map is very custom. We REALLY had no intentions on wanting to reset again but its just become overwhelming to say the least for us staff. But once again your an awesome player and would hate to lose you for something avoidable. Just asking ya to work with me on this one bro please :)

Boosted_FG2

Town Designer
Jan 9, 2014
But also the question of lore that people have been getting in to sort of dampers the entire event... such as Ynef's works...

Would it be possible to fix the target locations of the lag??
xolo not even bullshitin u I have spent 3-4 days a week endless hours since the server started trying to world edit out areas on the server. Its WAY to massive brotha and im wore out on it to say the least. Millions and millions of ores that shouldnt be there. Miles and miles of trees that shouldnt be there and its just unrealistic to try to do it. It would take months and hundreds of server crashes.

Think about how much work we would have to put into moving all of your builds! A LOT! But its a mere fraction compared to the world edit needed to repair this world to our gamestyle.

Xoloz

Builder
Donor Level 2
Apr 12, 2013
Irvine
xolo not even bullshitin u I have spent 3-4 days a week endless hours since the server started trying to world edit out areas on the server. Its WAY to massive brotha and im wore out on it to say the least. Millions and millions of ores that shouldnt be there. Miles and miles of trees that shouldnt be there and its just unrealistic to try to do it. It would take months and hundreds of server crashes.

Think about how much work we would have to put into moving all of your builds! A LOT! But its a mere fraction compared to the world edit needed to repair this world to our gamestyle.
So are you saying we keep the current map? I think that having to move all builds is much more of a nightmare then repairing the current world.

BionicHavoc1

New Miner
Sep 21, 2014
i think the server reset is a good idea in general, is moving a town even possible tho? like super city, or Akhetaten.

Boosted_FG2

Town Designer
Jan 9, 2014
i think the server reset is a good idea in general, is moving a town even possible tho? like super city, or Akhetaten.
It def is possible we just do it in 2-4-6 sections or how ever many is needed. But yes moving those citys are not an issue. & Overall everyone is saying yes its going to be a great idea because of the gains we will get from it.

@xolo Yea moving the towns will take us about 3-4 days but once again that time is minimal to that time it will take to fix this world. We really dont have much of a choice in the end. So I assume do it sooner than later. The longer we wait the worse off it is on the staff. This map is simply not very good for our style of gameplay unfortunately. We wanted to try something new but didnt realize all the flaws that came with it.

BionicHavoc1

New Miner
Sep 21, 2014
are we able to move blaze grinders at all? i know thats gunna be a challenge. just because i have a double blaze grinder, and its hard to find them naturally.

Xoloz

Builder
Donor Level 2
Apr 12, 2013
Irvine
It def is possible we just do it in 2-4-6 sections or how ever many is needed. But yes moving those citys are not an issue. & Overall everyone is saying yes its going to be a great idea because of the gains we will get from it.

@xolo Yea moving the towns will take us about 3-4 days but once again that time is minimal to that time it will take to fix this world. We really dont have much of a choice in the end. So I assume do it sooner than later. The longer we wait the worse off it is on the staff. This map is simply not very good for our style of gameplay unfortunately. We wanted to try something new but didnt realize all the flaws that came with it.
As long as everything I have made thus far is saved, I'm ok with the shift.... I just hope that there's a desert that's big enough... and is to the east of spawn....

So many things I've done with Akhetaten has been done with regards to this map. I'm exactly east from spawn, to where the road going out directly west from my city leads straight to spawn, etc. Is there a way to world edit areas on the new map, to where there will be a desert large enough to hold my entire city, is directly east from spawn, etc.?

Swiftflight

The Prince Mod
Donor Level 2
Aug 8, 2013
Kalopsia
Okay... Time to post some shit...
Lettuce start with some questions from mwa...
1. What are the requirements for builds that will be moved, and will mine make the cut?
2. Will all cities be moved, or just Akhe?
3. If 2 is a yes, than will Moria be moved to an underground location?

Okay. So I think this is a wonderful and most opportune idea... even though we have worked on this map the last two months to build up infrastructure and livelihood. The map was never really set on, as one would say...

It will be a loss to have to redo the nether tunnels...

yes please change maps just let me keep an enderchest full of stuff and im happy as all hell
Ha ha ha brother... your enthusiasm is greatly appreciated.

are we going to be introduicing mesa biomes as well as the other biomes we are currently missing out on?
Yes, it will be a randomly generated normal 1.8 world loaded up with all the biomes that were introduced in 1.7 and before.

Mines can be and will be remade, paved passionately so... farms can be replanted, roads repaved. Items reclaimed but it's the relationships we carve... they cannot be remade, shaped.

are we able to move blaze grinders at all? i know thats gunna be a challenge. just because i have a double blaze grinder, and its hard to find them naturally.
What he said...

Boosted_FG2

Town Designer
Jan 9, 2014
As long as everything I have made thus far is saved, I'm ok with the shift.... I just hope that there's a desert that's big enough... and is to the east of spawn....

So many things I've done with Akhetaten has been done with regards to this map. I'm exactly east from spawn, to where the road going out directly west from my city leads straight to spawn, etc. Is there a way to world edit areas on the new map, to where there will be a desert large enough to hold my entire city, is directly east from spawn, etc.?

Once again trying to move it will not be easy but we wont know how big the deserts are until the world generates. I cant promise to transfer everything in your situation because of the size. BUT we will just need to cross that bridge when we get there. You build also would not be all the way to bedrock either mainly just ur surface. Like I said ur build was the only one that concerned me. But i feel we can come to a happy medium.

As far as foose's underground town.... pffft piece of cake and yes ALL builds like this will be moved over without question. Im just not moving some rinky dink house that took 1-2 hrs to make sorry lol. But for you fellaz who put big time in your builds i feel you should be able to keep your main builds.

Yes the nether will be reset and the blaze grinders will also go away. YES they are not easy to find but they are in EVERY nether ive ever been in. Also dont think blaze grinders work like most think in a true 1.8 map. all the nether tunnels will change as peoples bases wont sit on exact cords, but the nether wont take us long to link back up.

Reactions: Swiftflight

Mikemer456

Builder
Dec 10, 2012
Not saying I would rejoin on a regular basis again but I'm just giving my input on this. I think that a new map would be for the better. But... (god my suggestions aren't even taken into consideration 95% of the time) I would suggest some kind of a map preset when generating the world. Now I'm not saying go with amplified or caver's delight or mountain madness but instead find a nice balance between the two.

Just to give you an idea - http://worldpresets.com/

Also, try to keep the world size lower than usual. A huge ass map isn't always the best. (15k-20k diameter max I would think)

Last edited:

Xoloz

Builder
Donor Level 2
Apr 12, 2013
Irvine
Once again trying to move it will not be easy but we wont know how big the deserts are until the world generates. I cant promise to transfer everything in your situation because of the size. BUT we will just need to cross that bridge when we get there. You build also would not be all the way to bedrock either mainly just ur surface. Like I said ur build was the only one that concerned me. But i feel we can come to a happy medium.

As far as foose's underground town.... pffft piece of cake and yes ALL builds like this will be moved over without question. Im just not moving some rinky dink house that took 1-2 hrs to make sorry lol. But for you fellaz who put big time in your builds i feel you should be able to keep your main builds.

Yes the nether will be reset and the blaze grinders will also go away. YES they are not easy to find but they are in EVERY nether ive ever been in. Also dont think blaze grinders work like most think in a true 1.8 map. all the nether tunnels will change as peoples bases wont sit on exact cords, but the nether wont take us long to link back up.
Boost I would be more than happy with the surface, that'd be fantastic, but also I have a squid farm that I spent quite a deal of time on due to dealing with the underground biome... Could that be saved? That would be the only thing below the surface that would need to be saved. Also, how would saving all the of the items that I stockpile underground in chests at bedrock work?

Also, my friend Bringonumber1 has his storehouse in the nether... what should he do?

dwa1275

Builder
Jul 22, 2014
I will do my best to help you get what you need, if you can move what you have under ground up to the top, and when the time comes I or boost can take your squid farm, rise it out of the ground, and place it into the new world. We would have to see what the store house is like and if we can grab it and bring it allong, but if there not much to it, we would ask for the items there to be moved to the overworld, so it can be placed at a later time, the issue with us moving things in the nether is that the nether, and locations of other players is gonna be different, so that why we would like to leave the nether out of this, but if it's someone's base, it's a little different, we will not move something if it has blaze grinders in it, the player would get free spawners, so that would be a no if that were the case, like I said, EVERYONE in the nether will be new,, fortresses, and such, we will not add a fortress to an area just because

roewaid

Builder
Dec 10, 2012
I do really like the current map with the volcano and so and I don't have any lag problems. But if a lot of other players do then I am okay with a move. The base menty, dick and I made is pretty big so I guess it will be moved.

Will the towns you guys made be in the new world again? And is the plan for quests still going? I am getting scared because lack of information. A release plan about the quests of teaser would be nice

T_E_S

Builder
Dec 23, 2012
I guess my town can be deleted, the only thing I want moved is my barn, NO ONE touches my barn lol, all my stuff is stored in that one location, so if you move that, you basicly move everything I have and all my futur plans lol, other then that, a reset is okay for me, as long as I can take that, I got tons of stone mined and stuff stored in that barn for the building of my town, but my question is, when you copy all this stuff into the new world, is there a possibility to choose where to copy it to, or will it all be at spawn somewhere, because that won"t be fun...