1.14 Is here! Are we ready?

Reset the world?

• Total voters

TheWolfsHeart

Server Psychopath
Vet Mod
Donor Level 3
Dec 10, 2012
As you are all very much aware, the gloriously buggy 1.14 update has arrived, with 1.14.1 quickly coming with a laundry list of fixes to make any large family blush in comparison.

With all it's new features, and all of the new additions it's going to create to world-generation and the likes, a new world seems to be the only way to accommodate such a marvelous release. Now, I know what you're thinking. Losing your stuff sucks, and I get that. I've spent a long time playing on that map, as have quite a number of us. A few builds in particular I'd hate to see lost. But that does not mean that they will be gone forever!

Fizz is notorious for saving the map, and allowing players to get a download of it whenever we reset the world, and that will be available should we reset. But maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. We're here to ask a question! What does the community think? Do we reset the world, and grant ourselves a new outlook on a new world? Do we delete old chunks to allow the new generations instead? Or do we simply have two separate worlds for those that wish?

Let us know what you think!

steven_saus

Head Wombat
Dec 11, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
stevesaus.com
I'm intrigued to try the new world completely new, with the current world becoming the "mining world". I'm more concerned with what resources will be persistent - money, things in shulker boxes, ender chests, etc. For the more casual player like myself, resetting all that is a *huge* deal.

Reactions: fdrandel

fdrandel

Nation Builder
Dec 10, 2012
I'd like to bring over at least one large chest of stuff w/ money as well.

Drakivaz

Trusted to be AFK
I agree with Steven on the maps, but I could go either way on the resources. I have absurd amounts of things squirreled away, and I didn't really organize them well - so maybe a fresh start would be good. On the other hand, it's soooo much stuff.

Will skyblock builds stay from version to version? I havent started one yet, but I was considering it.

fffizzz

Administrator
Adman
Dec 10, 2012
I agree with Steven on the maps, but I could go either way on the resources. I have absurd amounts of things squirreled away, and I didn't really organize them well - so maybe a fresh start would be good. On the other hand, it's soooo much stuff.

Will skyblock builds stay from version to version? I havent started one yet, but I was considering it.
SkyBlock is not resetting or anything. My wife would kill me lol. Her skyblock is absurd!

T_E_S

Builder
Dec 23, 2012
Hey there! I'm in for a new world, I'm also in for an economy reset. 1.14 brings a lot of new changes and stuff to do, something that we can only enjoy if we have a little, more balanced restart.

A cool idea might be to make the map a little smaller. that way we live closer to eachother, wich gives us a chance to do some cool projects together like farms, roads, community buildings, on the road services etc.